If you have already entered your 14th week of pregnancy and are still unsure about your choices, we can help. We provide a safe place to explore your pregnancy options in Idaho, and, Washington without judgment, coercion, pressure, or cost.
Whether you just found out you are pregnant or your circumstances have changed, and you’re now considering a different choice, take the time you need to explore all your options.
Your Pregnancy Options: 14+ Weeks
Surgical Abortion Procedures
If you already have an appointment scheduled at an abortion clinic, contact us for a free ultrasound before your appointment. We can confirm viability and how far along you are. Abortion costs depend on many factors and an ultrasound is needed before a surgical abortion.
Abortion options in your second-trimester are:
- Dilation and Evacuation – typically performed between 14-28 weeks although it can be performed for late-term abortions as well; it is a surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and suction is used to remove the fetus.
- Dilation and Curettage – this method should not be performed later than 20 weeks; is a surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated so that the uterine lining can be scraped with a spoon-shaped (curette) instrument.
Note: The Abortion Pill (a medication abortion) is not available for women who are pregnant 70 days past their last known period (LMP).
As with all surgical procedures, there are serious risks and possible complications that need to be considered. Although we do not perform or refer for abortions, we can answer questions about the different types of procedures, your pregnancy rights in Idaho, and Washington, and what you can expect. Time is on your side. Be empowered and informed.
Adoption plans can be made at any point during your pregnancy. When a birth mom makes an adoption plan, she and the birth father can both choose a family for the child and choose their own future. Adoption options for women and couples include:
- Open Adoption – non-identifying interaction is facilitated by a third party which is usually the adoption agency or attorney.
- Semi-Open – biological and adoptive families have access to varying degrees of each other’s personal information and have an option of contact, sharing photos, or meet-ups.
- Closed Adoption – also called “confidential” adoption, it is a process by which an infant is adopted by another family, and the record of the biological parent(s) is kept sealed.
We can help answer your questions about adoption and your options. We can also connect you with adoption agencies or adoption attorneys who are experts in the laws by state. They can help you understand your rights, the rights of the other parent, and time-frames of when things can be done.
If your pregnancy was not planned, you may have more questions than answers on parenting and what to expect. Many people who consider parenting may have questions and concerns about continuing their education, being a single mom, financial stability, and other topics.
- Single Parenting – learn about all the support, care, aid, and resources available to single moms and parents so you never have to walk this road alone.
- Co-Parenting – you can choose to parent alongside your partner with or without an ongoing relationship.
- Marriage – if you and your partner are considering marriage or you are married but still facing an unexpected pregnancy, there are resources available for you.
We can help address your parenting concerns and help you find the resources you need from pregnancy to birth to baby care. At your appointment, you can also learn about our pregnancy and parenting resources. We provide limited medical services, education, classes, and support for single parents and couples.
How We Can Help
providing you with a warm, safe, and discreet place where you can process your choices. We provide free pregnancy testing, free limited ultrasounds, options consultations, abortion information, adoption referrals, pregnancy parenting support, and more. Come see us at our location in Lewiston, ID.
A pregnancy decision can be one of the most important decisions of your life and you deserve to be surrounded by people who care. No matter what stage of pregnancy you are in or what your circumstances are, you will always be met with compassion, love, and support.