Reliance Center Pregnancy Loss & Post-Abortion Support in Lewiston
Pregnancy Loss Support
Pregnancy loss, or a miscarriage, is more common than you may think. According to the Mayo Clinic, 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage, and typically, those pregnancies end in the first twelve weeks of pregnancy. Though the majority of miscarriages occur due to chromosomal abnormalities, there are a variety of factors that could cause a miscarriage, including:
- Maternal age
- Drug/alcohol use
- Chronic health problems
- Hormonal imbalances
- Weight (severely over or underweight)
If you are feeling sad, alone or hopeless after a miscarriage, we are here for you. You are not alone! Reliance Center offers one-on-one or group counseling in a safe and comfortable setting. We are available to talk to you about how you feel and help begin the healing process. If you or your partner is struggling with a miscarriage, please contact us to learn more about our counseling services.
Abortion is never an easy decision, which is why many women experience regret, depression and other emotional trauma after having an abortion. Whether you feel these things right away, or years down the road, your feelings are still valid. We offer post-abortion support through one-on-one or group counseling sessions with a licensed grief counselor. If you are struggling with a past abortion, you will likely answer “yes” to some of the following questions:
- Do you struggle to stop thinking about your abortion?
- When abortion comes up in conversation, do you quickly change the subject?
- Are you having a hard time forgiving yourself?
- Do you have a problem being around young children or babies?
- Do certain times of the year (the anniversary of your procedure, for example) upset you?
- Are you coping with alcohol, drugs or other substances?
- Are you feeling extreme sadness, guilt, or hopelessness since the procedure?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you will benefit from our post-abortion counseling. Reliance Center is here for you. Make your free and confidential appointment today to begin healing.
DISCLAIMER: We provide education on abortion and pregnancy options. Reliance Center does not refer for or perform abortions or emergency contraceptives.